Memo

Updated: 26 December 2010

All CF workouts of the year have been updated and some pictures have been added to previous posts. I will need to go in and fix the posting dates so they are in order and in the right month, but you get the idea.

I'll continue to add my own workout log as time permits. Hopefully with more pictures this year.

If you're interested in some killer food recipes (paleo friendly) be sure to check out The Naked Kitchen Blog!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Level One - Day Fifteen WOD

Good Morning, Athletes!

I've been working on getting the blog updated with all the workouts you have done so far. To this point, I've only been able to get six up but anticipate having it completed by the end of the weekend. That means that starting next week you will be receiving your workouts there. Once it is all up and running, I want you to go back through your log and post your times/reps/distances to the workout "comments" sections. Check out the CrossFit main site (crossfit.com) to see what I'm talking about.

You are rapidly completing your first month of CrossFit training and healthy eating. Great job! As we finish out this week I need you to review your goals (the ones that you should have written down when you started) to refresh your memory. If they were not written, now you have a good idea of what you are capable of and can shoot for, as well as what you would like to happen - hence "goals." Let's get them down and submitted. There are no excuses as to why it hasn't occurred yet.

Did you know that yesterday was World Health Day? I did my part. You did too. Way to go!

Today's workout includes an old, but fun kids play. Enjoy!

WOD:
  • Warm-up, 2 x 10.
  • WOD:
    • Crab Walk, Max Distance/Time - keep moving until your butt hits the dirt. Any direction, any speed. Change as often as you need. Just don't touch down.
    • Tabata Run, 5% grade - no less than 5.2 mph. This is 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, for 8 rounds.
    • Tabata Warm-up. Push - Sit - Dips - Squat. Start with the push-ups. When you fail (can't do anymore) change to sit-ups, etc. However, you may be strong enough that you won't fail so do two rounds of Push-ups, change to 2 rounds of Sit-ups, etc. Do not do more than 2 rounds of any exercise. Record your weakest interval (least reps of each exercise).
      - Note: Bonnie did this for her first CrossFit workout. Did well! Only got 3 dips though...
  • Cool-down. Roller/Stretching/Yoga + 1 liter water.

Questions?

Post thoughts, time, and score to comments.

Have an awesome day. Friday's coming!

Have fun. DO WORK!

3...2...1...GO!

Coach

4 comments:

  1. Shawna:
    Crab Walk- 1:10 minutes
    Stairs (modified hotel WOD) - 6:45 minutes

    Norm:
    Crab Walk - 54 seconds
    Stairs - 6:20 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Work!

    Can you fill us in on what the modification was? If I remember correctly - I suggested 3 flights x 8 rounds for time.

    That Crab Walk was fun, eh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't actually see the email- Norm said it was 2 or 3 flights x8 for time. I knew myself enough to know if I didn't want to stop I needed to start with 2 flights and make 3 a goal. And I was correct. 2 flights without stopping took pushing. That was true for both of us.
    And the crab walk was fun. :) It turns out I go backwards much better than forwards...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And such we see that setting goals, even for a measly little workout, is super important.

    You two did very well and should be proud of that crazy sore walk that you get to show off for a few days!

    MK

    ReplyDelete