Memo

Updated: 26 December 2010

All CF workouts of the year have been updated and some pictures have been added to previous posts. I will need to go in and fix the posting dates so they are in order and in the right month, but you get the idea.

I'll continue to add my own workout log as time permits. Hopefully with more pictures this year.

If you're interested in some killer food recipes (paleo friendly) be sure to check out The Naked Kitchen Blog!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Level One - Day Twenty - Six WOD

Good Morning, Athletes!

I’d like to introduce you to my friend. He’s a nice guy, really. Perhaps a little dark. Sometimes sinister. Usually with a cackle in his laugh. Yet, he is tireless. And will play his game long past when you wish he would quit. It is up to you to laugh back at him. To visit that dark place. Get up. Go again. You can’t cheat him. And he really hates it when you make him wait. So get up. Go again. Do it one more time. Tell him where he can shove those sands of time. F*ck off, Death. I ain’t done yet.

Today’s WOD: “Death By…Squats, Push-ups, Sit-ups.”
• Warm – up, 3 x 10. Drop the squat, sit, and push to 3 x 3 today only.
• WOD:
o With a continuously running clock, on the minute – perform one rep of each exercise the first minute, two reps in the second minute, three reps in the third, and so on. After you fail to perform the required reps of an exercise in that round – drop that exercise and do the remaining exercise(s) until you fail to complete a round completely. Your rest time is however much time is left in that minute after you completed all three exercises for the number of reps required in that round.
> Squat
> Sit-up
> Push-up
• Cool-down, Roller/Stretching/Yoga

Do not change exercise until you have finished the required reps. I expect that somewhere around round ten it will become difficult to get in all of an exercise at once. Do them with rest as needed. Do all of your required squats in that minute before moving to the sit-up before moving to the push-up. If your sit-ups take up a lot of time and you fail to complete all of your push-ups then you failed at the push-up. Drop the push-up at that point and move to the next round to do the squats and sits. Eventually you’ll fail the sits too. Drop those and keep going until you can no longer get in the number of squats you need to for a successful round.

Post the number of rounds/partial rounds for each exercise.

Post thoughts and time to comments.

Have fun. DO WORK!

3…2…1…GO!

Coach

1 comment:

  1. Shawna:
    12/16.8/20
    push-ups/sit-ups/squats completed
    (does this breakdown make sense?)
    They sucked. They so, so sucked. I hated this 20 minutes. But I'm proud to have pushed so hard.

    Norm:
    10/10.10/16
    push-ups/sit-ups/squats completed
    I did all my push-ups without dropping to my knees. I didn't want to do girl push-ups. I quit when I couldn't do them anymore that way.

    ReplyDelete