Memo

Updated: 26 December 2010

All CF workouts of the year have been updated and some pictures have been added to previous posts. I will need to go in and fix the posting dates so they are in order and in the right month, but you get the idea.

I'll continue to add my own workout log as time permits. Hopefully with more pictures this year.

If you're interested in some killer food recipes (paleo friendly) be sure to check out The Naked Kitchen Blog!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Level One - Day Twenty-Five WOD

Good Morning, Athletes!

How did your travel workouts go? Did you successfully complete them? Were there any issues that prevented you from doing them? Let us know how they went!

This week is a good chance to increase the intensity with which you perform these workouts. Remember, that just performing the work is a great start, but it is the intensity that you perform the work with that will continue to drive positive results.

We have many new challenges this week along with some old movements that caused us chagrin a few weeks ago. Let’s get to it!

Today’s WOD:
• Warm – up, 3 x 10.
• WOD:
o AMRAP – 9 minutes
> Single Under’s (Jump Rope), 36 reps
> Suicide Run, 9 yards/18 yards
> Dumbbell Shoulder or Push Press, 9 reps @ 15 pounds
• Cool-down, Roller/Stretching/Yoga

Set up your suicide run and do this work outside if the weather permits. You should do it outside no matter what the weather is, however if you choose to do this inside due to weather then set the treadmill at 5.2 mph and 10% grade – go for 5 secs, jump off onto the rails, jump right back on and go for 10 secs.

Post thoughts and time to comments.

Have fun. DO WORK!

3…2…1…GO!

Coach

1 comment:

  1. Shawna:
    7 rounds
    So after spending the afternoon unpacking, doing laundry etc etc it was cold and dark (and STILL pouring rain) by the time we worked out so we did do the suicides inside. I'd rather have done them outside, but it is what it is. I found that I almost like doing the jump rope now, when I hated it before. And the running was doable. Still work, but not death. ;) I did take the weight to 10lbs bc I did a practice shoulder press and really had a hard time with the 15lbers. So now my goal is to be able to do it with those next time. I also would like to be able to get in 10 rounds at some point....

    Norm
    7 full rounds, 8 rounds jump rope
    As busy as we were in Nashville, I could still feel that we hadn't done the workouts since middle of last week. I only did 2 rounds of the warm-up and my shoulder and elbow were really tight so I didn't push for a third. I'll aim to add it in tomorrow though. The first several rounds were almost easy, then when fatigue started to set in, I found I tripped over the jump rope a lot and slowed myself down. I'd really like to aim to get in at least 10 rounds the next time we do this.

    ReplyDelete